SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella Window operators

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello. I have 4 pella casement windows from around 1990. The screw where the crank arm pivots, has come loose. It seems it only screws into the aluminum. I can't close the windows properly.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show me a couple pictures of your operator? That will help us determine what the problem is and what you can do to fix it. Thanks!
A quick learner from Nj usa says:
Hello regarding the pella casement windows. There is nothing for the screw to reach. The screw rocks back and forth a window can't close. Thanks. Peter
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Your problem could be that the wood below the aluminum casing is rotted. I have a few suggestions: first off, you could possibly use a plastic anchor to secure the screw. That might be a quick fix. Sometimes they are also called plastic shields. You could pick some up at a local hardware store in your area. My other suggestion would be to use a longer screw with a nylon bushing or a plastic straw cut the length to match the collar on your existing shoulder screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)