SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do you have to remove the sash to replace this shoe

A quick learner from St. Joseph, Mi 49085 says:
Do I have to take the window off to get a new plastic slider hinge replaced and connected to the bottom of the window?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure, it would likely depend on what you have. Can you show us a few pictures of the plastic slider hinge in question? That will allow us to determine what you have and what you can do to replace it.
A quick learner from ST. Joseph,MI says:

I never new that fixing a Pella window could be this much fun. The question was the replacement of part 39-371, a slider plastic connector to the bottom of the window. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. No, you shouldn't have to remove the window sash. You should be able to unsnap the 39-371 from the bracket, then snap the new one in its place. It would probably be easier to remove the hinge from the window entirely, but I don't think it's necessary to remove the sash for that, either.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)