SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella patio screen door auto closer

A home owner from Cincinnati, OH says:
I have a Pella patio screen door in which the automatic screen door closer setting screw placement has broken inside the above track. The Pella sliding glass door is circa 1989. The track appears to be encased into the unit. See pictures. What are some viable options?
User submitted photo of their Pella automatic screen door.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Remove of the screen closers from your door and compare it to our 80-053 & 80-054 and see if one them matches up. If neither of them match up, take some pictures of it removed from the door and submit them here along with a few measurements so we can research a replacement for you.
Thanks, Donna for the quick response! That's my problem: How to remove the track containing the auto-closer spring rod. It appears the track is encased into the frame. I don't know. But how to you remove the screen closer or the track to get to the screen closer?
Looking at your model numbered pictures, they have wheels. Mine do not have wheels, just 2 plastic receptacles for the setting screws.
A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:
Well after figuring out how to remove the track, I finally did so. I removed the screen door trolley unit and measured from plastic wheel to plastic end cap and it appears to be 38" long.

Donna is correct that I need a trolley screen closer but do you have this length? Please let me know. Thanks!

(Visual glass width 39")
Profile picture of Donna
Hello,
It sounds like you need a Pella 8 foot replacement trolley system. I will post again as soon as it is available.
Thank you. Will look for your update posting on the 8ft pella replacement trolley system. Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated. Ref: 9033
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
If it helps, I measured the actual track rail that I removed. It measured 91" exactly.
Have you located the 8 ft Pella replacment trolley system? Please advise if its available as I have the patio door dis-assembled. Thanks.
Profile picture of Donna
Please see new SWISCO product code 80-055, Pella screen trolley, for an older Pella designer/architect 8 foot slider.
ATTN: Donna
Thank you. Do I go ahead and order via web site using product code 80-055 or call. Thanks again.

Michael
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Michael, you can go ahead and order online using product 80-055.
Mike:

I received Pella replacement track trolley system from your company, part number 80-055. Now I am trying to put back together. While the metal rod and end plastic pieces are the same as well as the spring, there is a string and plastic part at the end of the spring. My old one does not have so do you have installation instructions for 80-055? Thanks again to you and Donna for locating this part for me.
Mike:
Sorry, I see in the prior thread history you kindly send the .pdf instructions. That plastic thing is the tensioner which my old system did not have. I will try installation with the tensioner but assume I can remove that and install like the old one?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sorry, but I am not certain whether or not the tensioner can be removed from the 80-055 Trolley.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)