SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella sash latch window parts

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I have Pella ThermaStar windows. I am looking for the upper latches on the lower window that allow the window to be dropped down to clean the outside surface. I am also looking for the lower latch that keeps the lower edge of the window in the casing track as the window is raised or lowered and connects to the spiral shaft that is vertical in the casing frame.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thanks for contacting us. Could I possibly see some pictures of the part in question? You see, Pella changes their latches every few years, and for different areas of the country. I can't really determine what you have without seeing it. Let me know!
A quick learner from front Royal, Virginia says:
I have enclosed 3 pictures of the broken top tilt latchs with a measuring tape. I have also included 2 pictures of the broken sash pivot bars (atleast I think that is the correct terminology). Anmy help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the pictures! That helps clear things up. It looks like the area of the sash around where the pivot bar goes is ripped up and damaged. I don't know if you will be able to replace your hardware with the same thing as before.

This is a very tricky situation, but I do have one possible solution. Many service people I know have used our 26-395 in this scenario. You may have to make some adjustments to get it to work, though. You can cut and play around with the window to make it work.

As for the tilt latch, I'm having a bit of trouble seeing what its dimensions are based on these pictures. Can you give me the distance between its screw holes, center-to-center?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)