SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella screen door friction catch

A quick learner says:
I have a pella 6' patio door, with a sliding screen. The friction latch, that holds the screen door open, has malfunctioned. The only thing I see that within the track there's a wedge shaped plastic piece with a threaded screw through it. It looks like a matched up piece that goes with it is missing. I can't quite figure out what I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure, either. Can I see a picture of the hardware in question? I'd like to see the wedge and anything else that you think might be pertinent. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
I can try to get a picture, but my camera is not so good. Can you tell me the part I would need that holds the screen portion of the sliding screen door in the full open position. My prior purchase from your company references that I bought part 80-054 from you previously (trolley), if that helps to ID my particular door (6').
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. There could be a lot of possibilities, and in many cases we may not currently carry the part in question. We would have to research it, which means we'll need to at least see what it looks like. Any other information would also help, including any numbers or serial numbers to see printed on the door, but pictures of the part are most important at this point.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)