SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella screen door roller

A quick learner from Stuart, IA says:

The door in question is quite old but in excellent shape.

Believe the house was built in 65. Have one roller removed, it's dimensions match up with 84-087, but there are no holes in the top of the roller housing. The adjustment screw was threaded into the wooden door frame and are now stripped out. The top roller housing measures 1 1/2 inch and the mark

left by the adjustment screw indicate it's not quite centered on the top of the roller frame. I consider myself handy. Will 84-087 adapt to my door?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say if the 84-087 can be adapted for your Pella screen door. To get started, have you seen our video on how to install this roller? If not, check it out below. Also, can you submit a few pictures of the roller in question, as well as the door? I'd like to see the differences with my own eyes.
A quick learner from Stuart, IA says:
Thanks for fast reply, I viewed your Pella door video. My door doesn't have the metal subframe. After further examination, the adjustment screw threads into a inletted thread inset and is not stripped out as I first thought. Checked the adjustment screw thread and it's 5/16. If the Swisco nylon replacement screw is the same thread I think I can make it work.

User submitted a photo of screen hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You could check out our 84-511. This is a 5/16" Pella set screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)