SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella sliding screen door reinstall

A home owner from Apalachin, NY says:
I have a Pella sliding screen door. The screen door was knocked out of the bottom track. I removed the two screws in the top that attach to the trolly and am trying to reinstall the sliding screen door. When I install the bottom of the door in the track there is not enough clearance at the top to swing the door in to the trolly. I have included to pictures, the top trolly track and a picture of the top of the door when the bottom is in the track and as far down as I can get. There is not enough clearance at the top. How can I reinstall this door. Thanks in advance for any help!! Regards, Pete
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Looking at the second image, though, it almost looks like the door is upside down. This actually happens a lot with some screen doors. Do you think that could be the issue here?
A home owner from Apalachin, NY says:
OK, here is an update on how I fixed. First, I think the installation was incorrect or just a poor design. I had to remote the trolly track at the top of the door frame. This has three screws, one at each end that old the stops and one small screw in the middle. There was a staple at one end that made if very difficult to remove the track. Once out, I put the screen door in bottom track/groove and then replace the trolly track making sure door was behind the track 'cover'. Once in place I replaced the screws that hold the track and then reattached the screen door to the trolly via the two 3 inch screws. This solved my issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)