Pella square screen spline

A home owner from Poolesville, Md says:
I have 30 year old Pella sliding wooden screen doors. The spline is not round but square; the dimensions are 1/4 inch wide and 1/4 deep. Pella says they don't make this anymore and the only pline I can find is round which does not work. What is the solution?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting.

What you can do is take a few photos of your spline, particularly profile shots, and upload them so we can take a look. We may be able to help you locate a possible replacement spline.
A home owner from Poolesville, Md says:
Here are some pictures of the spline. Hope you can help.
User submitted photo of Pella spline.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I asked around but we do not have this square spline. I tried to find out if you could substitute this spline with one of our foam splines but I did not receive any good definite answers from any of our window repair contractors and we do not have a sample window to test it out ourselves. Bring your screen into a local window repair shop and have them re-screen it - they will be able to test out different splines until they figure out one that works.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)