Pella storm door latch

A quick learner from Dodge City Kansas says:
My storm door has the handle on the right side when standing in front of the door from the outside, I have found the Pella replacment part on your website but want to know if you have to order for left or right side or will it work for either side.

Does tht make sense?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It depends on which of our handles you're talking about. Can you give me the SWISCO product code so I can check for you? If you're referring to our 83-117 and 83-120, then you will have to determine which of these matches your handle. They are not interchangeable.
A quick learner from Dodge City Kansas says:
It is product code 40-191 mulit point mortise lock (pella) can this mount on either side of a door right or left in my case the right side looking at the door from the out side, if it were on the left would you simply turn the piece upside down to allow the latch to close and lock properly?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, our 40-191 can just be flipped around and be used for either the left or right door.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
83-117 : Interior Handle Assembly, Pella
83-117
Price: $43.85
Interior Handle Assembly, Pella
83-120 : Interior Handle Assembly, Pella
83-120
Price: $43.85
Interior Handle Assembly, Pella
40-191 : Storm Door Multi-point Mortise Lock, Pella
40-191
Price: $38.45
Storm Door Multi-point Mortise Lock,
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
Video
How to replace a Pella sliding screen do...
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Removal
Guide
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Remov...