SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pella storm door slide bar

A quick learner from USA says:
We have a set of double Pella storm doors at the entrance to our home. The door that would be at the left when you are entering the home has a slide bar at the top and bottom that keeps the door shut. The bottom slide bar has broken off. would you know how I might go about ordering a replacement part for it?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help. is there any way I can see a few pictures of the broken part in question? Thank you!
A quick learner from Crown Point, IN says:
Thanks for the reply. I have attached two pictures. One is from the outside showing both doors. The other is a close up of the slide bar latch at the top of the second door. I am looking for this type of latch but for the bottom of the door.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! This looks a lot like our 40-012. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Yep, that looks just like it. Does it come with the bracket that connects it to the door? The one we have has a screw at the top and bottom and the bolt slides up and down in that bracket. Thanks again for all your help!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the latch is attached to the installation bracket, take a look at this image of the underside
back of barrel bolt 40-012
Here is an image of the top side slid open to reveal one of the installation holes
front of barrel bolt 40-012
Great!! Thanks Again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)