Pella window crank is too small

A handy person from USA says:
We have 2 windows made in 1970 and also have windows made by Pella with crankhandle after 1990.The difference is the inside—hole size of 7/16 inch—slightly bigger than 3/8 inch hole in models after 1990.

1009 and 1011 are photos of 1970 crank handles and 1012/1013 are from 1993 windows with crank handle.Pella carries 3/8 inch inside crank handles.But that does not fit into 1970 windows .

It is amazing—rest of dimensions of handle are 100% same—outside dimensions.It is inside—old one were 7/16 inch—1/16 inch bigger than newer –from inside.

If you can find 7/16 inch from inside –that will be great.
User submitted photos of a window crank handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The older Pella handles were made with the same dimensions as the new 39-109B. It sounds like yours is just worn out. If the new one isn't working it might just be tight. You can try to gently tap it on with a hammer, but ultimately it should fit.
A handy person from Corning,NY says:
Tom,Thanks.

Pella sent me Crank handle X-429 thru their Sales Rep. He tried to push it--DID not use a hammer.It wouldn't go in.

X-429 is similar to 39-109B

I may be forced to do that as a last resort.

Threads are worn out--but inside hole is NOT--which measures bigger than 3/8 inch--like 7/16 inch.

If some one has old Crank handle--that they want to exchange with 39-227B--I would like to buy them for experimentation.There were some customers who prefered 39-227B--for Curtains obstruction reason.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.