SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pennsylvania House dresser wooden drawer rail

A quick learner from Philadelphia says:
I need a few of the rails shown in the photos. The rails measure 17" long by 1" wide by 1/2" high. The plastic guide says it is a Ronthor Reiss Corp R-40-28 Pat. No. 3,201, 187. I could probably use a few of those as well. Do you have something like these items in stock?
A customer submitted image of their drawer track system.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid we don't have any drawer tracks that match yours exactly. You might want to consider replacing it with a different system. check out our 32-063. This is a very versatile and easy-to-install track kit that has been used in a wide variety of drawers.

The plastic guide appears similar to our 32-036, but if you were to replace the whole system then this would be unnecessary.
A quick learner from Philadelphia says:
Thank you for your quick reply. I would be doing the replacement myself. How difficult is it to install the new 32-063 system? Do I need special tools? The length of rail I need is 17" and this replacement is longer. Suggestions on how to cut it? How is this new system attached?

Also if I were to replace some of the other plastic guides with the 32-036 guides, can I screw them in (I noticed these are stapled)? I don't have that kind of stapler to do that.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Frieda W
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It is very easy to install the 32-063. No special tools are needed. At most, all you'll need is a drill to add new holes. You can cut the track down with a fine-toothed hacksaw. As for how to attach it, the large triangular plastic piece cradles the drawer while it slides on the brown track. See the video below that will guide you through the installation.
You can screw in the 32-036, yes. If that's the route you want to take, you may also be interested in our 32-118, which has pre-existing holes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)