Perma shield door replacement hardware

A quick learner from Bowie says:
We have a Perma Shield door that is missing handles and the inside thumb latch (Product Code: 82-049) we are thinking that handles 88-013 and 88-014 would be appropriate BUT the sliding panel slides INSIDE the stationary door jamb and i'm wondering how the exterior handle will fit between the door stile and the jamb. the previous owner put weather stripping over the holes where the handle will go on the center panel stile, i presume it should be on the jamb. i figure the bolt assembly #82-056 is still good.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To be honest, I'm not sure about the pull handles. Andersen did have a different style handle for that door. I'm also not sure if it's possible to drill new holes to mount the handles without damaging the door or glass. That said, these are the only handles Andersen now carries.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.