Phillips Window Channel Balances

A home owner from USA says:
We need a part for our Philips window. I am not familiar with the terms stirrup or bobbin being applied to window parts so I need some help.
The number 30B is on the side of the metal piece that the cord runs through in the first photo. The metal piece is 30" long and 1/2" by 1/2". There are also the letters BSI a short distance from the 30B.
The second photo shows the broken part.
The third photo shows the spring.
Please let us know what part we need to order
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can I see a few pictures of the balance removed from the window? Seeing just the spring doesn't help so much, I'm afraid. We will need to see the bottom of the balance channel, as well as whatever shoe it attaches to. Thanks!
A home owner from Micco, FL says:
Hi Tom,
Where is the bottom of the balance channel and the shoe located on the window?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm a not sure I understand your question. I need to see the bottom of the balance you want to replace. We will need you to remove the balance from the window and take pictures of it separately. It may also be attached to a shoe, so if it is we need to see that removed, as well.
A home owner from Micco, FL says:
Hi Tom,

Here are pictures of the bottom end of the track. Hope this helps you.

Jim
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect! This looks like our Series 795 balance. However, your shoe is more narrow than the shoe that comes with it. I also recommend our 15-194 pivot shoe. This is only 1" wide. You can just pop off the shoe that comes with the Series 795 and pop on the smaller 15-194! We have a blog article here that goes into more detail about how to replace and adapt these particular balances. Let me know what you think.

A handy person from Havelock nc says:
I have a Phillips window that is broken on the bottom left side. The vinyl is cracked and the latch bar/pin is missing. Can the window be repaired or repaced and where can I order the parts? 34`` x 29-1/2`` Thanks,
Matt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230530_111334_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230531_105046_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230531_105050_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230531_105103_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230530_123317_01_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Matt. Based on the damage I see here, you will need an all new sash. The bad news is that this isn't something we can help with. I recommend contacting a window dealer in your area to see if they sell the type you need.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.