SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Phillips pivot bar question

A home owner from Stoneville says:
I have "Phillips" tilt windows in a 1995 manufactured home that has a few "Pivot Bars" broken out. The bars are similar to the 26-40 however they have two holes evenly space out on the bar 1" in and 1"apart, I did not see a similar part that fits that configuration. Please let me know if they are available and if so the pricing. Mine are 3" long x 5/16" wide x 3/16" high as noted above similar to the 26-40 only two holes required.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Could our 26-089 work for you? If not, take a couple pictures of your existing pivot bar and we can work from there.
A home owner from Stoneville, NC says:
Do not believe it will work, mineis 3" long , 5/16" wide and 3/16" hih with two threaded holes exactly 1" form either end and 1" apart, th 26-089 would probably stick out to far as I'm looking at it. The confguration of the 26-089 is correct howver the holes are not spaced the same!

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for clarifying! You know, I do have a few ideas in mind. Before I can go any further could I just see a picture of your pivot bar removed from the window? That will be a huge help!
A home owner from Stoneville, NC says:
Please see attached pictures of Pivot bar in questions!
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe the 26-040 pivot bar could work. The one hole lines up with your dimensions. If you need that extra hole, you could drill it and install the 33-074 self tapping screw. You would need to use a #35 or 7/64" drill bit for the 6-32 screw size. Take a look and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)