SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pile Weatherstripping! Enco DH Windows

A home owner from Wilkinson, IN 46186 says:
Hi! We have 1992 Vinal Max Double Hung Windows by Enco. I'm game to try replacing damaged sections. The window channel appears to be 1/8th in. wide and the old pile's bottom plastic strip is 1/8th in. wide, 3/8ths in. tall(maybe compressed with age), with 1/4 in. width on surface of window. Hope to hear from you! Todd
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Please take a look at our 58-013 and 58-014 Gray Wool Piles. Do you think either of these could work for you as a substitute? Let me know!
A home owner from Wilkinson,IN says:
Thank you for your help! My 3rd e-mail as I learn more and more with your instructions. Again, we have vinyl max double hung windows from Enco. I want to replace pile weatherstripping in places that have fallen apart. The window channel is 3/16" wide and 1/8" deep with the pile sticking up 3/16" above that (total height of around 5/16". The width of the bottom of the pile that would slide into the channel would be between 4/16 to 5/16" wide. The bottom strip of the pile would have to be somewhat flexible to squeeze into the channel since there is not an open end at the edge of the window to just slide it in. Thank you and look forward to your response. Todd
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Based on these dimensions, you may want to see our 58-158 Wool Pile. Does this appear to match your existing pile? Could it fit in your channel?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)