Pivot Bar Broken

A home owner from Whittier CA says:
I am unable to find a replacement pivot bar for my Polybau double hung windows. Polybau went out of business and I have 3 broken windows. I am attaching photos.

If there is not an exact match available, can I substitute another type just to get it to work? Are there any other options you can recommend aside from replacing the entire window.

Thanks
A customer submitted photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can suggest a replacement for this pivot bar, can you just confirm a few measurements? It's hard to tell from the images provided, but it looks like this pivot bar might be 2-1/8" long. Is that accurate?

Can you also tell me the distance between each screw hole center and the head of the pivot bar?
A quick learner from EL Granada, CA says:
To whom it may concern,

I have the exact same windows as this gentleman, and I was able to repair my windows with this part from your inventory:

26-398

They fit, and match 2 of the 3 mounting holes in the window.

Thanks,

RH
A home owner from San Pedro, CA says:
I have Polybau windows and my sash pivot bars broke when cleaning. I need a replacement and the company went out of business - any hope that you have such a replacement. The photo shows the part that broke off - the rest is screwed onto the top of the window frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I've placed you into an existing thread concerning this pivot bar. As you can see above, someone was able to use our 26-398 as a replacement. Do you think it would work for you, as well?
A home owner from Whittier, CA says:
I just fixed 6 Polybau windows using this part. It worked perfectly. Thank you San Pedro person!!
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.