SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot Bar Broken

A home owner from Whittier CA says:
I am unable to find a replacement pivot bar for my Polybau double hung windows. Polybau went out of business and I have 3 broken windows. I am attaching photos.

If there is not an exact match available, can I substitute another type just to get it to work? Are there any other options you can recommend aside from replacing the entire window.

Thanks
A customer submitted photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can suggest a replacement for this pivot bar, can you just confirm a few measurements? It's hard to tell from the images provided, but it looks like this pivot bar might be 2-1/8" long. Is that accurate?

Can you also tell me the distance between each screw hole center and the head of the pivot bar?
A quick learner from EL Granada, CA says:
To whom it may concern,

I have the exact same windows as this gentleman, and I was able to repair my windows with this part from your inventory:

26-398

They fit, and match 2 of the 3 mounting holes in the window.

Thanks,

RH
A home owner from San Pedro, CA says:
I have Polybau windows and my sash pivot bars broke when cleaning. I need a replacement and the company went out of business - any hope that you have such a replacement. The photo shows the part that broke off - the rest is screwed onto the top of the window frame.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I've placed you into an existing thread concerning this pivot bar. As you can see above, someone was able to use our 26-398 as a replacement. Do you think it would work for you, as well?
A home owner from Whittier, CA says:
I just fixed 6 Polybau windows using this part. It worked perfectly. Thank you San Pedro person!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)