Pivot Lock Shoe Thickness and Pivot Bar

A home owner from Colorado says:
I have a Pivot Lock Shoe that looks like 15-047, including the black cam, and matches all dimensions except for the thickness. I measure 9/16 inches with the cam fully recessed for raising and lowering the window. With the cam extended when tilting the window, I measure 5/8 inches. The channel housing the Shoe is 5/8 inches deep. Does this sound like 15-047 is correct?

I have a Pivot Bar that matches 26-063 in appearance and dimensions. Several of the these bars have fractured completely at the rectangular cutout. Item 26-040 matches the dimensions of 26-063 but does not have the cutouts. This appears a better choice than the original that came with my windows since the weakness introduced by the cutouts is not there. I do not see any purpose for the cutouts in my windows. Do you see any reason why 26-040 would not be okay?

Thanks for your help. Your web site, videos, and discussion for users is great.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
After careful consideration, I think that our 15-047 would be a good place to start because you need a little play on thickness for a pivot shoe to move up and down comfortable. I also think that our 26-040 should be okay.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.