SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot Shoe

A handy person from Blue Bell, Pa. says:
After finding the original window invoice I have Certainteed DEVON vinyl double hungs from 1994. I need pivot shoes for all since they have become frozen. What is the difference between the 15-155 and the 15-192 pivot shoe?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Also, if it's any help, the markings on the double coil springs read 405J on the top spring & 334J on the lower spring.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For your model window, I would use the 15-155 old style pivot shoe. I also see you have a broken tilt bar in the tilt cam, so consider the 26-175 tilt bar pair, as well. For the coil springs, see our S170-334 and S171-405.
Thanks Paul I'll give them a try. Do they make a lubricant to keep these parts from ceasing up in the future?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I recommend going to your nearest hardware store to pick up a can of silicone spray. We like that more than oil since it doesn't catch dirt.
Thanks again. I'll try it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)