Pivot Shoe

A home owner from Illinois says:
I recently bought my house and notice that several windows no longer remain open without support. When I took the window sash out I noticed that most of them had broken pivot shoes. (A few had issues with the spiral balance.) I don't see any markings on the window to tell me what model it is and the previous owner didn't tell me when the window's were installed. However, it looks like all the windows on the first floor were installed at the same time. Can you tell me which part number for the pivot shoe I should order and what series the spiral balance is (I realize that I will need to measure the lengths of the spiral balance for each affected window.) Also, I didn't see any cutout to remove the pivot shoe so would I need to get the jam spreaders?

Thanks,

Ted
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ted. I'm confident we can replace this. Your pivot shoe looks like the old Nuprime Thermal Gard part 15-070. The style is slightly different but I think it will still work. I would also recommend our Series 600 spiral balance. We do carry the jamb spreader, but before you buy this look over your window tracks. Sometimes the cut outs are located under the window stops. I think our videos on the right hand side of this page will also help.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.