SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot Shoe Replacement

A home owner from St. Louis, MO says:
I have a window that has (2) broken pivot shoes. I have attached some photos of the part along with the sticker on the side of the sashes. I was wondering the cost (if it is not under warranty) for the replacement pieces. It is the same window, upper sash on either side. I was told by the previous owner that they were installed in 2006.
Bryan P
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Bryan. Thank you for posting. Looks like you have a Simonton window made in 2002. I am not the manufacturer so I cannot say for sure, but I would hazard that any warranties this window may have had are expired. You would need to contact your manufacturer directly to confirm. We wouldn't be able to honor such a warranty anyway, however I think we can still help you with your replacement parts.

Start by looking at our 15-155 pivot shoe and 26-336 pivot bar. These look like the closest matches we have in our catalog. Carefully go over our dimensions and compare them to your own measurements to confirm that they match.

Now, there is one tricky part about the pivot shoe that you have to consider. You may have an older style that isn't made anymore. It's generally the same, however there is a small difference in the style of the cam (the center "U" shaped metal piece). There is a chance you may have to re-use your old cam. Fortunately they're easy enough to pop in and out of the housing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)