Pivot Shore

A handy person from Colorado says:
We purchased Pivot Shoe 15-045. This pivot shoe was absolutely perfect for our windows... right height, width and thickness. But there is no way that our windows will fit in the pivot shoe. I've attached two pictures of our pivot shoes, which are the same dimensions as the 15-045, but has the horseshoe-shaped cam which attaches to the window. The only thing that is wrong with our pivot shoes is that the pot-metal bar that should be in the groove at the top of this shoe broke (the slotted piece that attaches to the balance spring). Is there a chance we can purchase just that metal bar? If not, can you please tell me which shoe we need?
Pivot shore
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have a discontinued Carefree pivot shoe. While it is discontinued, we believe you can replace it with our 15-134. I would also recommend a new 26-297 pivot bar. See what you think.
A quick learner from Cedaredge, CO says:
The part on our window that would fit in the shoe is oblong/oval and would not fit into the closed whole in the 15-134. Is it possible to buy just the metal piece shown in the top of the 15-134... the part that holds the bottom of the spring?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the metal clip on the 15-134 is not available separately. Also, is the oblong part you're referring to the pivot bar? If so, I know it won't fit the 15-134, but the 26-297 I mentioned will.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.