SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot bar for unknown double hung vinyl windows

A quick learner from Hyattsville MD says:
Hi - I have a window sash that I can't get remounted in the window frame because the pivot bar sinks back into the sash frame as soon as a little bit of pressure is put on it. As soon as I try to push the pivot bar into the shoe, the bar pushes into the sash instead of the shoe.

The pin is 3/16 tall and 5/16 wide. To me, this looks like part 26-077 which you list as being a Season-All part. I haven't been able to find information on how to replace the pivot bar in Season-All windows, so I don't know if I can fix it or replace it. The set screw that seems like it should keep the bar in place doesn't catch on anything.

The bar on the other side of the sash stays in place.
Thanks for your help. Your videos on replacing the spiral balance were invaluable.

User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Looks like you have the old style Slocomb pivot bar, which isn't made anymore. We do carry the newer style 26-129, but you would also need to change your pivot shoe to the 15-188, since the old pivot shoe isn't compatible with the 26-129.

To remove the old tilt bar, you will need to first remove the screw and the slide latch. Use a slot type screw driver under the head of the slide latch to pop it off. With the slide latch and screw removed, the tilt bar should fall out of the sash. Take note that there could be a spring that will fall out along with the tilt bar.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)