SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot pin problem

A contractor from Indianapolis says:
The pin is 2 1/2" long and appears to be the 5/16" steel version and as you will see the section of sash that it is supposed to attach to is broken away. This has happened on a few windows. My initial question to you was can you supply a longer section of this pin (perhaps 8" to 10") so I can custom mount it with new holes further inside the sash?

My second question is which diameter balancer do I have. In the pictures you will see that the inside steel tube is actually about 3/8" in diameter and then there is a white plastic tube that is about 1/2" in dia. and then finally another beige plastic tube that is 5/8" in diameter. I assume this is the 5/8" balancers?

Thirdly, when trying to determine the length of balancer that I need do I measure the white plastic tube or the beige plastic tube? The white plastic tube with the actual balancer tube inside is a few inches longer than the beige tube.

I have about two weeks to get this project finished and hope that you can give me so quick answers. Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you, Doug
A customer submitted photo of a siral balance and tilt pin.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Our longest pivot pin is our 26-040 at 3". Just as a suggestion, however, some repairmen have used parts like our 26-210 and 26-382 pivot bar cases with a pivot pin, and simply cut and trimmed them to fit in sash. I would not recommend doing this without the help of a professional, however.

Regarding the balances, I believe you may have our Series 600, which has a 5/8" diameter. To determine the length, you would measure the length of the outside plastic tube.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)