Pivot shoe

A home owner from USA says:
Gentlemen,

My vinyl windows are dated (on glass mullion/spacer) 81 (1981). They may have been sold through Sears, but I can't be certain.

First attached composite picture shows my existing hardware, and a detail of one of your pivot shoes that has the same cam slot dimensions as my shoes. Details picture of Product Code # 15-015 (what looks close to what I need) did not have cam slot dimensions.

The second attached picture is of an item of yours I found at your online site that is close to what I have. I used a dial caliper for measurements (overkill). My shoes are .543" thick, or .012 thicker than 17/32" given for your Product Code # 15-015. You have a couple of 9/16" thick shoes with the right height, but they might be too tight unless they measure about .015" less than a full 9/16". Would mine be considered 9/16" since they are thicker than 17/32"? I have .025" clearance in track with existing shoes (used feeler gauge).

My spiral balances appear to be exactly like your new ones, 9/16" exact diameter, and length measured the same way. The composite picture shows the distance between the pins on my spiral balance tubes, about 11/32". That makes for a snug fit when engaging the balance shaft into my existing pivot shoe slot. Is it possible to get the distance between pins (or center to center distance of pins) on your current shafts? Might the pin spacing be the same on your new balances as my 35 year old parts?

Suggestion for Pivot Shoe based on info provided?

Thanks for any help,
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Your original pivot shoe looks like our newer style 15-015 pivot shoe, where the locking devise is on the side of the shoe. The 15-046 has the locking devise in the back. The balance looks like our Series 600 spiral balance. The pins on this are 7/16" apart. Since the late 1960's, the balance manufacturer hasn't changed their design. Your pivot bar on the sash is probably our 26-040, which can fit into either pivot shoe. Let me know if that's a match.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.