SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot shoe bar

A quick learner from Doors and Windows says:
Greetings. I need to order the replacement bar that goes from the window to the pivot shoe, at the bottom of the window. That snapped off, and now everything is free-falling. I don't see them right away on the order sheet.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. It's a tilt window, made by Farley of Alexandria in 1994. The pivot shoe is one of the 600 series, #15-046, I believe.

Donald
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, Donald. The part you're looking for is called a pivot bar. You can see our entire selection here. If possible, I'd like to see a picture of an undamaged pivot bar removed from the window so that we can recommend a good match. We would also need your measurements.
Tom, thanks for your response. I got lucky, and the pivot bar that I ordered worked out nicely. But I hit another snag: the swivel bar popped out of its tube holder, and I'm having a devil of a time trying to get the swivel back into the tube. Any suggestions?

Take care.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... by swivel bar, do you mean the spiral balance? This would be a spiral-shaped rod coming out of a long tube installed in the window jamb. These are the devices that actually keep the window up once raised.

Can you elaborate as to what the problem is? Has the entire inside spiral come out of the tube? If so, the balance is likely broken and you will need a new one. See either our Series 900 (3/8" diameter tube) or Series 600 (9/16" or 5/8" diameter tube). You may also find the video below helpful.
Thanks for this tutorial, I think this is providing my answer. I have to charge the swivel rod, I didn't do that.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)