SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot shoe for 26-380 pivot bar (Astoria 6236)

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
I also have the same pivot bar as in this discussion which broke in the same place. The same assembly also has a broken pivot shoe and I don't see a match on the site. The spring channel balance appears to be intact, so I would just need the shoe replacement. Would you provide which shoe type would work with this pivot bar?
User submitted photo of pivot shoe for Astoria 6236 and Swisco 26-380.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We have determined the 26-380 is the replacement for the Astoria 6236 pivot bar, however we have not yet recommended a pivot shoe for the pivot bar.

The first thing we'll needed to get started is a few more photos of the pivot shoe. Can you upload a photo of another pivot shoe in better shape, or possibly one removed from the window?
A quick learner from Indiana says:
Thank you-I'm still trying to figure out how to get the shoe out of the channel. I will upload more pics tomorrow-this info might help: printed on the channel balance are the numbers "D8 102 28B"
A quick learner from Westfield IN says:
Here are a few more photos. I have yet to figure out hoe to get the pivot shoe out of the channel. If I purchase a new channel balance would it include everything I need?
User submitted photos of pivot shoe and channel balance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The pivot shoes are sold separately.

However, we're having a difficult identifying the pivot shoe. We can't get a good look at it, especially since it is still in the window.

You can take a look at this discussion on how to install and remove pivot shoes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)