SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pivot shoe replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
My window pulled out of the casing when I opened it the other day. PICTURE ATTACHED.
It looks like the pivot shoe cam has rusted out and the window pulled right out.
The window has a spiral balance, which seems to be intact. I found your website with very helpful youtube videos and I am hoping you can identify my part so I can fix this myself.
Please let me know what other details you need.
Call me anytime to discuss
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I see what you mean. Are you able to pull the remains of that rusted pivot bar out of the shoe? You can probably re-use the shoe, but you will definitely need a new pivot bar.

If you are having trouble, soak it in WD-40 for a couple hours and then try pulling it out with a pair of needle nose pliers. As for a replacement bar, start by considering our 26-040. Without seeing an undamaged version I can't be sure, but this very well may be what you need. See what you think.
A quick learner from West Haven, CT says:
Hey Paul,
I will try that and let you know, thanks for your response.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)