SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thicker version of 15-175 Coil balance

A contractor from Missouri says:
Need a coil balance pivot shoe w/ blue back brake and round locking pivot bar receiver. Is .85" thick similar to thickness of Certainteed. Please supply part# and pricing
User photo of their coil balance pivot shoe with blue brake.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at Swisco's 15-175 Coil Balance Shoe, Slate Blue. However, it only measures 9/16" deep.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I am working on this. I believe there is a 7/8" thick version of this, I'll let you know as soon as possible.
Profile picture of Donna
Unfortunately the pivot shoe as shown above is discontinued and no longer available. I am working on a possible substitute for you. I will post again as soon as I have more information.
Profile picture of Donna
UPDATE: There is still hope on bringing in the originals, I'll post again as soon as they are available.
Profile picture of Donna
Hello, The pivot shoes came in but unfortunately they are not 7/8" deep as needed. This system is now completely discontinued and no longer available. There is a new system that measures 7/8" deep but uses a different coil spring. If you are still in need of a replacement I would need to know if there are any numbers and or letters you can give me off the original coil springs. Ordering the coils could be tricky but I am hoping the information from the original coils can help.
A quick learner from Providence, Rhode Island USA says:
Hi I ordered the part #15-175. In comparing my old one with the new
p/n 15-175 the only difference I see in the thickness of the part. I'm not at the job site until next week but I want to check with you folks to see what you think. Will the thickness differences be a problem? I have attach 3 pictures. Thank you for your response. Greg
User submitted photos of their Coil Balance shoe.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately yes, you will need the proper thickness pivot shoe for the window to operate. You'll see above that a thicker version (7/8") of the 15-175 is no longer available.
A handy person from poland, oh says:
Looking for cam for pivot lock shoe or complete shoe. Your part 15-124 is identical except for being only 9/16" deep. I do not need springs. Just added for clarity.

Tom
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom. Unfortunately, I don't think the 15-124 will work for you. Most pivot shoes don't have their cams available separately, and the 15-124 is meant for something very specific. I think you might want to consider our 15-175. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A handy person from poland, oh says:
Sorry, I meant to put 15-175 on the post. It looks like the one I have except for only being 9/16" deep. Mine is 7/8" deep. [see top right photo]
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, I've placed you into a previously existing discussion about this extra thick pivot shoe. Unfortunately, as you can read above, it has become discontinued and is no longer available. We do not have any substitutes for it. I am sorry that we cannot be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)