Pivot shoes

A home owner from Fort Lee , NJ says:
I need to replace a lot of pivot lock shoes in my apartment windows. They are all broken. I am not exactly sure which ones I have. I just know that the size is close to an inch and that the spiral balance has a green tip. I am looking at your 15-187 . Please tell me if I am looking in the right direction. Also, I need couple of spiral balances. Mine looks exactly like Product Code: S900-22 but has a green tip. Is that ok? Please let me know.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The Series 900 spiral balance and our 15-187 shoe do not go together. Could I see a few pictures of your pivot shoe? I will also need to know its thickness and width. Those are the two most important dimensions. Thanks!
A quick learner from Fort Lee, NJ says:
I have a 22 inch spiral balance, it is a little bent but I am 90% sure it is 3/8.

I measured the shoe (please see pictures). It is 1 1/4 of an inch wide and is 5/8 think.

Also, my window is set up for 2 spiral balances per each side.

User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. Looks like you have a Thermal Guard window. This old pivot shoe has been improved, and newer models use our 15-070. Check that out and see what you think.

I'm actually surprised they used an S900-22" balance. Are all the windows you have using 3/8" balances? Also, what is the color of the nylon bearing at the end of the tube?
A quick learner from Fort Lee says:
Thank you! 15-070 looks great.

I am not 100% sure it is 3/8". The balance is bent so it makes it very hard to measure. The color is green. Please let me know your thoughts.

Profile picture of Paul
Best way to determine that is to measure the diameter of the outer metal tube. If it is 3/8", then you have our Series 900 spiral balance. If it is 5/8" or 9/16", it is our Series 600 instead.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.