Plastic Window Grille Clips

A home owner from Chesapeake, VA says:
I need approx. 50 replacement clips for my removable window grills. I ordered 50 55-184 in the past month but they came in the wrong size. I need 7/8" I.D.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear the 55-184 didn't work for you. Could you show me a few pictures of your original grille clip? Can you also confirm the other dimensions as compared to the 55-184? That will allow us to find the best match.
A home owner from Yorktown, VA says:
I think I'm looking for the same part as mentioned above. The Anderson Clear Plastic 8720 clips that fit 7/8" wide wood has - as far as I can tell - been discontinued. I need the inner dimension to be 7/8". The other dimensions are 1/2" wide (outer dimension), 5/16" tall (outer dimension) and has a 3/16" OD pin. I need twenty.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Would it be possible to "trim" the end of the window grill to fit into the 55-184? You say the original is no longer available, so cutting the tip ends of the grill might be the best solution.
A home owner from Yorktown, VA says:
It's certainly possible, but since I have these grills on 20+ windows I'd like to find a replacement part solution. I'm just not fond of reworking the grill because the installation part doesn't exist anymore. Hopefully, some are out there somewhere?!? I suspect there is going to be an up-tick in people wanting this part because it is going to start failing on many homes that were built in the 70-80's, eh? . I wonder if the smaller lattice size is more common in recent construction since 90's...

So, I guess the answer is you don't have the part I need? Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have anything identical to what you have, unfortunately. Like you said, there's a good chance it has been discontinued. It's not just a matter of companies discontinuing a single part; sometimes an entire type of window is phased out by the industry. You may not be able to get away without having to retrofit a different part to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.