SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Plastic sash casings are breaking

A quick learner from Springwater, NY says:
It's been about 10 years since the windows were installed in our house (we've lived here 5). I have used the tilt function to clean the windows every year, but this past year, all the plastic sash casings from the pivot bar (?) are breaking. Is this common? Nonetheless, I need to replace them. I would need about 28 of them. What is the correct name of this part and can you help me?
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you should consider our 15-155 pivot shoe. This looks like a fit. However, there's one thing that's important to keep in mind. This looks like a Simonton window, and our 15-155 shoe won't work with some their tilt bars, depending on the model. It's really not something you can determine until you have the shoe in hand. Fortunately, if you happen to have such a model, all you would have to do is reuse the old center metal cam.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)