SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Plastic screen channel around old, wood, sliding glass doors

A home owner from Colorado says:
My plastic screen channel around my old wooden sliding doors is chipped and broken, I need to find replacement.
The inside width is about 9/16 of an inch, and the height of the channel is about 11/16" the little spline on the bottom that fits into the groove around the door frame is 1/4".

I would be happy to replace with plastic or aluminum, if I can find it!

Thank you
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Could you use something like our 80-111 sliding screen door track? You might have to pack it out with something, though. What do you think?
A home owner from Omaha, NE says:
I am looking for exactely the same. The channel for my sliding screen door has been chipped by hail and I am now trying to find some new plastic/pvc u channel but so far without luck. The channel I am looking for has the following dimensions. 3/4"width, 5/8" leg lenght, 96" lenght.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Do you think you can use either our 80-110A 8' top track or 80-111A bottom track, or even both? I'm afraid we do not have a better match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)