Plastic window hardware that hold flat metal coil

A home owner from San Angelo, TX says:
One of my MI windows doesn't work properly. It is extremely difficult to pull the double hung window up and then get it seated properly when pushing down. I talked to a representative at MI and she recommended buying some new parts (since they no longer make this particular window and, as such, it is no longer warrantied). On the other windows this plastic piece seems to work well and you can remove the sash/pane easily. IMG_2721 is a picture of the plastic piece on a good window. On the problem window it looks like there's an internal rotating metal piece that isn't rotating properly. That may be the cause of the balkiness in moving the window. IMG_2722 is a picture of that same piece on the problem window. I do not see that particular plastic piece on this website. It is about 1-3/8" square and about 1/2" thick from what I can tell. Can someone tell me if this part is available and how to order it. Also, does what I'm surmising make sense? Is this the cause of the problem?
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The pivot shoe you are looking for appears similar to our 15-199. Look it over and see if this is a match. The way you explain that the metal center cam not rotating would be the cause of the window problem. Replacing the shoe should fix it!
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.