SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Please help me find these pivot bars

A landlord from North Adams, Massachusetts says:
Hi there,
I'm a landlord looking for some pivot bars to repair some twisted/broken/missing ones in some vinyl sash windows. I have attached a couple of pictures with dimensions.

Do you have anything like this?

Its 2 3/8 long. 3/16 inch deep and 1/4 inch wide with 7/16 being the distance from the hole to the end?

Thanks for looking.

User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Is the pivot bar featured in your picture damaged? it looks like the ends may have broken off. If so, is there any way you can measure an undamaged pivot bar? Also, the measurement we need is from the center of the hole to the opposite end than that which you've indicated. Please confirm what that measurement is.

In the meantime, the closest I could find to your specifications was our 26-315 and maybe our 26-083. Please take a look and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from North Adams, Massachusetts says:
Thanks for the response. The pivot bar is damaged, but only because it is twisted, not because it has been foreshortened.
Based on my measurements, the distance from the far end to the center of the hole is 1 15/16 inches.
I ordered a sample of both of the pivot bars you mentioned and am hoping I can make those work unless you can come up with anything matching closer.

Thanks for your help

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let me know if they work out, Charles.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)