SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Please help to select a channel balance

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi,
The top attached of the channel balance was broken on both side and the string was broken on one side. Here is the measurement of the channel balance: non-tilted window 1/2 wide X 28 inch long. The number on the channel is 2730 BSI. The top attached looks like 19-005. I want to replace both channel balance. However, series 350, 351, 385 and 390 are looked the same to me.
- Which channel balance I should choose?
- What type of top attached, rivet I should choose if I want to replace the top attached only?

Thanks.
Maynard
User submitted picture of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can offer the appropriate Series channel balance for you, I just need to know a bit more info about the bottom attachment. Please review to the chart below to identify the shoe that most closely resembles your own. Keep in mind that while a fraction of an inch difference doesn't seem like much, it is in fact vital to the operation of your balance, and I highly encourage you to get as exact a measurement as you can.
A SWISCO guide to identifying balance shoes.
A quick learner from East Brunswick, NJ says:
I got it figure out. I just bought 4 channel balance top, winged (19-005) and 4 rivet 62-005 and fix it myself. thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)