SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Ply Gem Window balance

A quick learner from Savannah, GA says:
I have 4 ply gem windows with balances on each side. The balance appears to look like a spiral balance, but there is no insert with them. The spring, rod, and string all fit into a channel built into the window.

I don't need exact. If something else can be fitted to the window, I am happy with that.
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This resembles our Series 850 balance. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A quick learner from Savannah, GA says:
I agree that it is a Series 850. The only difference is that my system appears to be attached via a string that connects to a plastic clip. I just want to make sure that yours (that connects with a screw) is compatible.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that before. Unfortunately, that type of hook has been discontinued and is no longer made. The Series 850 is now only made to screw on. You may be able to install our 26-200 screw plug and 33-016 screw in your jamb track, however. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)