SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Polybau 400 Series Replacement Windows

A home owner from Spring Valley, CA says:
I had Polybau replacement 400 series windows installed back in April, 2007. I understand they are now out of business.

I have two metal parts that have snapped off. The metal part is screwed to the underside of the window ( and connects ( fits into ) to a plastic piece in the main frame that slides up and down and that can be adjusted for tension. The window ( 23 X 53 ") slides up and down and the lower window can be tilted in for Cleaning. The metal piece that is broken is the piece that holds the window to the frame when it is tilted in.

I also have a sliding glass door ( 58 X 79 1/2 ") . The black plastic piece that the slider actually moves on in the groove in the base of the door has now busted into 4 pieces.

Do you stock these pieces and if not, do you know where I find replacement parts ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. The first part you describe sounds like a pivot bar, but I don't know what you have. I would need to see a few pictures of it completely removed, along with detailed dimensions. Alternatively, you can browse through that section and see if you can find a good match there.

I am not sure what the second part could be, though. Could I see some pictures, preferably of one that has not been damaged? Thanks!
The pictures are attached ( hopefully) . I only have one sliding glass door. I have taped the broken piece together. It is the black piece in the picture -- 1 1/2" wide with the raised piece directly in the middle. Also attached are pictures of the metal piece for the window
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I recognize this pivot bar. Check out this existing discussion thread concerning this very same pivot bar and see if the suggested replacement could work for you.
Any insight on where I can get the required sliding glass door track replacement piece ? It is 6 ' long , 1 1/2 wide with the raised part/divider in the middle, not offset as in your pictures on line.
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I'm sorry. I left that out of my response. As for the patio door track, I'm not sure if we have an exact match, but check out our 80-106 and see if this could work for you. You may need to pack it out if the original shape is higher.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)