SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Polybau Patio Door Handle-need replacement

A home owner from Costa Mesa, CA says:
The entire door handle has broken off including the lock. The plastic pieces that connect the inside and outside handles together (where the screws go into)broke off which resulted in the handle falling off. Then, the lock fell off. Attached are pictures that will hopefully allow you to locate a replacement. Right now my door is locked with no way to open it. Please help. I don't want to buy a whole new sliding door.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! You shouldn't have to buy a whole new door, no. Please see our 82-035 and see if this can be used as a replacement handle set. Make sure to carefully compare all the specs we show to your own hardware.
Hi Tom,
My current handle does not have a wood piece attached to it. The inside handle connects through the door directly to the outside handle; no wood. Are there any other options?

Hi Tom,
I sent an earlier email asking if there were any other options, but then I found the options on the website. Is the Legacy 82-073 option available without the lock? That is the closest replacement I see with matching handles for the inside and outside. The other options I see are 82-041 and 82-069, but neither have the outside matching handle.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Those are all good options, assuming that the dimensions match. I'm afraid we do not have an identical match to your handle set in terms of aesthetics. The 82-073 is the closest, but it is not available without a key lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)