SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Polytex DH 3000 Vinyl replacement window, Coil Balance system

A handy person from Washington Twp NJ says:
Windows are from Polytex about 22 yrs old. Looking to replace and repair coil balances on several of my vinyl windows. See attached parts and type of coil system pictures attached. Please advise if you have replacement coil balance parts.

Thank You

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, but I need a bit more information. Could you show me a picture of an undamaged shoe out of the window? Can you also give me its width and thickness?
A quick learner says:

Attached is picture of good part/shoe out of window.

The width is 1 1/4 inch and the thickness is 5/8 of an inch.

Can you provide a replacement part?

John S.......
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thank you. If the coil springs are fine, you could just replace the shoe with our 15-141. I think this looks like a good match. I believe your shoe is an older version of this part.

If you do need new coil springs, you will need a new set up entirely, unfortunately. These old springs aren't available anymore. I would recommend the 15-158 shoe and Series 152 spring. You may also want to consider the 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145. The coil springs are screwed to the shoe with a 33-072 screw.
A quick learner from Washington Twp NJ says:
Thank you for the information.
Also, do you sell the window locks. My locks fit into a slit 1" and are the type that Pop out so you can raise the window about 3 inches and then the locks prevent from opening any further. There are two on each window.

Profile picture of Tom
Sure, we sell many different window locks. If you can show me yours I can try my best to find a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)