Possible Season All Storm Window

A handy person from Washington, DC says:
The framework between the glass panes is repeatedly stamped "SAI" and "88".

The latches that release the pane are marked "Tilt Safe (Pat. Pending)"

Is this a Season All window?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the markings you gave us don't narrow down the list of possibilities. It could be our 26-176 and 26-177, but I'm not sure. Carefully compare our pictures and measurements to your own hardware and see if they match. If they don't, I will need to see a picture of one of your latches. I will also need detailed measurements. You can use our latches for reference on what measurements are most important.
Hi,

Thanks for responding. I think I wasn't clear. This is a manufacturer ID question right now. If the stampings between the panes isn't sufficient, where did Season All normally mark their information, assuming this is a Season All window?
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. There might be a metallic AAMA sticker somewhere on the inside frame of the window. If you can show me a picture of that I might be able to determine who made it.
A more pressing issue is how to get the sashes out of the frame.

Another web site says tilt the sash inward then tilt up and pull the "sash pin" from the "clutch", the assembly enclosed in the channels in the frame.

I've attached images of what I think is the sash pin, which is held in place by a set screw.

Tilt the window in, remove the set screw and lever out the sash pin?

Worried about breaking the window.

Thanks.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You should not have to remove any screw to get the sash out of the frame. The screw you show is meant to hold the pivot bar in place, which will not really help you remove the sash. Watch the video below to see how we do it.
Thanks a lot for the video. The window is a little stiff but I was able to get it out and take photos and detail measurements.

The project is to replace the interior pane on the upper sash. Since the "SAI" stamping between the panes was not enough to ID the manufacturer purchasing a replacement sash is off the table.

What parts do I need to repair?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't sell replacement sashes. If the pane is broken, you could contact a local glass shop and have them replace the glass.
Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry not to get back to you sooner.

What I was trying to determine is if this type of window can be disassembled for pane replacement without having to purchase replacement parts like seals.

One parts issue that may have come up from removing the sash was the condition of the spiral balances, which were covered with thick grease coatings. Is this normal?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, as time goes by the grease seeps from the constant use of the balance spiral going in and out of the tube. If the window still operators fine, then just wipe off the excess grease; if not, you should consider replacing the balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.