SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Possible replacement part for discontinued shoe

A home owner from Pittsburgh says:
I attach a picture of the old shoe (left window channel) and a replacement that someone has subsequently added (outer right channel). I know from previous discussion with Swisco that the original discontinued shoe on the left was unique and is no longer available.

How about the substitute shown on the right? The window that fits into this outer shoe (the one on the right with the slotted metal insert in the plastic outer shoe) has a metal bottom tilt pivot installed to replace the standard 17-074-type tilt pivot on the regular window.

Can I get a replacement for this substituted shoe and corresponding metal tilt pivots? I am desperate ... the original shoes are so brittle they break easily and I have several top sash windows that cannot stay up!
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We have a couple parts that may work for you. See our 15-106 (left) and 15-107 (right) bottom pivot shoes. You will also need the 15-054 brake shoe and 15-124 metal cam.
A home owner from Pittsburgh says:
Thank you very much Paul. I have ordered the parts.

I am not sure exactly where the brake shoe is positioned in the window?

Above the pivot lock shoe?

I am pretty sure I do not see a similar shoe brake in the window slot pictured above. It does not replace the RH/LH cam pivot does it?

Please assist me.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When you remove your old shoe, you will see the brake shoe on the side of old shoe. When you receive your new parts, you will also see the opening in the shoe for the brake.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)