Pozzi wood casement window opener, right window

A home owner from Los Gatos, Ca. says:
Unfortunately, this Pozzi window was purchased in 1987 and recently no longer opens, so hope to replace the opener as it is over my kitchen sink.
I do have the faded receipt: line #1, part #APG14ZZ3845A002. Other info.: cas prm 143838 45-Bay one lite.. LSR no grille 4 9/16 jamb.
The above might be too much info., but not what you need.
Also see another receipt with #P3838NN45, but no idea what it is.

If there's any chance at all to replace, it would so very much be appreciated.

Gayle
Do have a good picture of opener but having difficulty sending. Will try again later.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you, Gayle. Please let us know whenever you can get us a picture of your part!
A home owner from Los Gatos, Ca says:
Ref. #D74263
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, Gayle. We believe this is a Truth EntryGard Operator, but that only narrows it down a little bit. There are many versions of this operator. Would you be able to open the window as far as it goes and show us a picture of the whole mechanism? Thank you!
Tom: This is becoming a learning lesson for me regarding moving pictures around from iPad to computer.

I cannot open the subject window. Did open the left one and took a picture from the outside. Facing the windows from inside my kitchen, the right one is the one that cannot be opened.
Do hope you have enough information now and especially be able to locate an opener for me.

Thanks, Gayle
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! It's tough to say, but see our 39-036 and 39-035 and see how well these match up to your operator.
It's encouraging that you might have an opener for me. What more information can I send so you would have a better idea between the two? Depending on the price, I'd even be willing to pay for both and let an installer decide, if I could return the unused opener.
From past experience of casement window openers, I realize it's important to get the correct opener for opening outward too.
My next challenge would be finding an experienced person to install. Enjoyed your informative video of the directions.
Profile picture of Tom
There isn't much more you can show us at this point. I recommend carefully going over the pictures and dimensions we show for the hardware I suggested to confirm if they're a match. As for installation, watch the video below. There's no reason you need to hire someone to do this for you, it's a relatively straight forward project.
Tom: I beginning to wonder if there is an end to finding out about my opener and, if there is, what is the price. That top metal piece in your demo above that has a slight dip is 4-1/2" on mine, the brown plastic cover for the handle is 5-1/8" Looking at mine, I don't understand what all is included in the opener. Because of the window shade I've installed, I can't take the screen out without disturbing hardware to understand all that is involved for installation. The other window, since I'm on a hill, I would need a ladder. Want to hear from you that you have an opener before I attempt to remove screen.
I will have to hire someone to install as I don't see the screws from the inside so I assume the sill will have to be removed. That would be more then I could handle. Gayle

Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Gayle. The operators I recommended above appear to be the best matches we have based on your pictures, but the only way to be 100% sure is to remove yours and compare the style and measurements. You're not going to find a code or stamp anywhere on the window that tells you exactly what you need. I'm afraid that direct comparison is the only way to be sure as to what you need.
Tom: I still haven't given up on your being able to help me to replace my window crank.
Measurements I have made: Inside, right of the crank metal round is 3/4", first gear left of the crank is 1", second gear under frame seems to be 1-1/2".
Outside, top arm 4", middle arm with a turn 3-1/4", lower arm 5-3/4".

I fail to understand why you cannot give me a price for the crank. If I send my present one to you, I have to pay someone to do that and then you send and he has to come back to replace. Doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully the above measurements will make you more sure of the item or items.

Profile picture of Tom
Hello again, Gayle. We recommended our 39-035 and 39-036. We believe these will replace what you have, but we cannot guarantee it. All pricing, dimensions, and information can be found on the pages we linked you to.

I'm not sure what you are measuring in the given dimensions. I do not know what the "right of the crank metal round is," and the size of the gears doesn't really matter. I wouldn't overthink it. We show only two dimensions for the 39-035 and 39-036 store page, and these two are the most relevant. If yours matches these two dimensions, then I think you'll be good to go.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.