Problem installing the 84-006 roller

A home owner from Manchaca, Texas says:
New problem. I attempted to insert one of the spring roller units in the bottom rail of the door and encountered a problem. Never could get the leading edge (with the pin) of the unit inserted far enough so I could place the curve on the unit into the channel of the bottom rail. Something was stopping the unit from going in far enough (I even tried it on the other side with the same result). Seemed like the pin was too long and preventing the unit from inserting all the way. When I attempted to press on the curve to get it into the channel, the pin broke off. So, maybe this is not the correct unit for this door
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It is entirely possible, yes. Do you have your old roller handy? Could I see some side-by-side pictures of your old roller and the new 84-006 that you purchased?
A home owner from Manchaca, Texas says:
Thanks for your response but, unfortunately, I did not receive a response from your research team
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Would you be able to upload some pictures of your original roller so we can take a look?
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.