SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Product Code: 81-272

A quick learner from Hudson, NH says:
I have a roller similar to your 81-225 but would like to use your replacement rollers 81-272 because these appear to be sealed bearing assemblies whereas the 81-225 will allow grit, dust and moisture to enter the bearing. My concern is that the inner race of the 81-225 is much wider than the 81-225 so perhaps it might allow the roller to wobble in the Prime-line D-1563 roller assembly?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I took both the 81-225 and the 81-272 out of stock to get a closer look at them and the parts in the 81-272 kit do seem to be better sealed. I also understand your concern as to the differences of the wheels. The 81-225 is more like the wheel in your photo, however the 81-272 should work in your existing housing regardless. They look the same width-wise and the only difference I can see is that the 81-225 has a larger diameter hub, whereas the 81-272 hub is just a little wider than the center hole where the axle is attached. If you find that there is too much play you could always install a washer on each side of the roller.

To be honest with you, I would recommend just replacing the complete roller housing in the patio door. These housings wear out just as easily as the wheels themselves. You might want to take a good look at your existing housings to see it they have any wear.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)