Product Code: 83-034 - question

A home owner from USA says:
Hi,

I just moved into a 12 year old home for which has this exact door latch and pull. The problem is that the steel latch is 1
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, it looks like your question was cut off. Could you try again? What about our 83-034 did you want to know?
A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
Hi Tom - I just moved into a 12 year old home for which has this exact door latch and pull. The problem is that the steel latch is 1 and a half inches but the width of the door to which the latch and pull is attached is 1 and three quarters in length. Do you carry a latch pull where the metal piece is at least 1 and three quarter inches? Perhaps, there is one that is adjustable?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I've actually had this problem also with older style patio doors, myself. It seems that the 83-034 is for a newer, more narrow style of door. It might be possible to reuse the metal latch from the old lock with the handle from the 83-034.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.