Production Enterprises roller. c. 1970

A quick learner from Columbia, SC says:
Looking for replacement assembly. Only one of the two rollers is bad - a ball bearing came out - but might as well replace both.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
A quick learner from Columbia, SC says:
Here's one last view of the roller
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Based on the information you have provided, we ask that you please take a look at our 81-004 roller assembly with 1-1/2" wheel. Please compare your roller to our roller and let us know your thoughts.
A quick learner from Columbia, sc says:
I have to agree this is the most likely candidate. My only concern is the top center hole. The one I have is slightly longer and the hole is about 1.5" from the end. I figure the worst that can happen is I have to expand the existing hole in the rail a little. That screw doesn't do anything but hold it against the rail. Once you stand up the panel the weight and the end screw are the important ones.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I agree with you concerning the mounting hole. The distance from the ends are not too far apart. I'm thinking maybe you have a similar roller, but with slight differences. That said this appears to be our best match. Would you be able to adapt it to work in your door?
A quick learner from COLUMBIA, SC says:
Well, I feel good enough about it to have already ordered a pair of them from y'all and they have arrived. Just waiting for a helper to drop by, probably closer to Christmas. Four foot insulated glass panels are soooooo heavy. Will let you know if there's a problem. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Great, sounds good. Please let us know how it works out, and thanks again for ordering with us.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.