SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pulley hardware needed

A home owner from Florida says:
Need spring assembly pulley hardware for a 900 series single hung fin or flange frame window manufactured by NuAir (out of business)

Tip to tip measurement of spring assembly including plastic is 36"
metal to metal = 35"
The window sash measures 36x48 and weighs 23 lbs.
1/2 inch channel
String & springs are fine.
Plastic ends are fine.
Only string pulley hardware is broken and need replacing. Thank you!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what balance you have. Could I see a few pictures of the top attachment? That will help me determine its Series.
Not sure which is "top" (husband will) so pic 1 is of one end of rod. The next two pics are of different angles of the opposite end. Thanks!
A customer submitted image of their channel balance attachment.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, just what we needed to see. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
The bottom of the shoe measures 1-3/32" so this must be the 15-004 part for the 385 series based upon your information. However this plastic end piece is not the failed part of our lift balancer. The string pulley assembly that attaches to it is broken. If you do not have the entire balancer assembly in our length, I can remove the rivet pin and replace the end piece assembly with any part you might have for the same series. Although I can salvage the string pulley assembly that attaches to the spring on the other end, I would like to replace it if you have it available. Please let us know ASAP
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, the pulley system is not available separately. It has to be calibrated very precisely and we do not recommend replacing it. If the pulley is broken, it is better and far less of a hassle to just replace the channel balance as a whole.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Please let me know which channel balance you recommend so that we can order it. Thanks for all your help!
Profile picture of Tom
If you have the 15-004 shoe, then I recommend our Series 385 channel balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)