SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Putting a lock on my sliding glass door

A home owner from abingdon, md says:
I will check and see if my friend has better photos of the hinges but it does look like the ones you referenced.

Also the sliding glass door off the kitchen to the deck, does not have a lock on it. it has the handle with the lever to try and lock it but there is no keeper on the frame. the lever has a downward hook and is about a 1/4" wide and length of the latching part is about 6". The keeper side is very narrow. Maybe a 1/4" wide and I guess it would have a protruding piece in which the latch would clamp down to keep it shut. Do you have that part? Also is there anyway to put a locking device on the door, so there is a key available?

Please let me know...sorry to be a pain but this HUD house nonsense is crazy...thank you, Denise
User submitted photo of their sliding door between their kitchen and deck.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Denise, start out by taking a look at the 89-020 Tall Silverline Keeper. It could just be, however, that you may only need a key cylinder if it will fit into your outside handle (I can't see your outside handle from the pictures submitted). Often times the outside handles have a knock-out plug for the key cylinder. For example, the Swisco 82-306 Sliding Door Lock, which comes with a key cylinder.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)