Question about guide pins

A handy person from California says:
I havre a set of bifold mirrored doors, with what appears to be 21-058 as the top guides ( only they are 4 1/4" long= complete with spring clip and guide.
However the bottom guide ( not the pivot) seems to be 21-049 - ie no spring and that little nylon guide - actually two of them and it is also 4 1/4 " long. Should the guide pins top and bottom for these bifold doors be the same. They both fit into those nylon clips that slide along the track but i have no idea how the bottom ones stay in - it looks like you have to put them in with the door off, tape them to the frame so they dont slide out when you install them and just snap them into the guids- but there is no retaining spring or clip. Is that right ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The length of the pins being 5-1/4" shouldn't be a problem. I agree that the 21-049 pin assembly should come with a retainer, but the manufacturers feel that having it locked in the nylon guide is sufficient. To make the door installation easier, you might want to include an extra cotter pin like the 21-158 or even 21-157 spring retainer, which I like better to lock the pins to the door.
A handy person says:
Do you have guide rails - top and bottom for all of those parts requests I made. I believe its a Leigh bifold door circa 1976 Regards Richard
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello again, Richard. I'm afraid the rails for these specific pins are no longer made. We have hardware that can easily substitute them, but it would require a different set of pins, as well.

The tracks in question are our 21-401, 21-402, 21-403, and 21-404. The pins necessary for each door panel would be one 21-002 bottom pivot pin and three 21-044 pins, one as the top pivot pin and two as the guide pins.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.